ODM DAILY 30 September 2022 – ADONIRAM JUDSON AND THEIR BATTLES! HOLD ON!
TOPIC: ADONIRAM JUDSON AND THEIR BATTLES! HOLD ON!
In 1812, Adoniram Judson and his new bride, Nancy, left their comfortable New England surroundings to take the gospel to far-off Burma. After a difficult sailing for months, they finally arrived in Rangoon (BURMA) and began the PAINFUL task of learning the language – Burmese. Setback one! They found the Burmese people to be committed to Buddhism and totally uninterested in and opposed to Christianity. They were OPPOSED AND RIDICULED!
Setback two! The birth of a son brightened their lives, but when he was eight-months-old, he became ill. With no medicine or doctors in Rangoon, the baby died. Another setback! After six years, they finally baptized their first convert. JUST ONE SOUL IN 6 YEARS! Wow! A handful more trickled in over the years, but mostly, they faced fierce opposition from the Buddhist monks and the government.
In 1824, Judson was arrested, tortured, and imprisoned on false charges as a spy. Judson was later released from prison only to face the deaths of his wife and his two-year-old daughter. Setback four! He fought intense depression and struggled against more numerous setbacks. But he remained rugged in his faith until he died at age 62. Today, over 600,000 Burmese Christians trace their roots back to Adoniram Judson, a man who hoped in God. Wow! Note: In all the setbacks of your life as a believer, God is plotting for your joy! For every setback, God has a major comeback! Ask David (today’s scripture)! Hold on and hold out!
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 3: When the roll is called…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led.
2. Thank God for the life of the missionaries, Mr & Mrs Adoniram Judson. Decree that you will NOT GIVE UP and no setback will conclude your case!
3. Pray about the following setbacks in your life (mention them). MY LIFE, family and ministry SHALL END IN PRAISE!
4. I reject FAILURE, QUITTING, DEPRESSION, SELF –PITY, etc. I shall make it because my God is not a man!
5. Pray about today as led. Use pages 7-9 prayers.