ODM DAILY 28 September 2022 – OH HELP! THE RICH ARE TEARING APART – 1
TOPIC: OH HELP! THE RICH ARE TEARING APART – 1
When Bill and Melinda Gates announced that they were getting divorced in 2021, after 27 years of marriage, fans thought they’d been separated for a while but waited until their three children were older. Their youngest daughter, Phoebe Adele Gates, had just turned 18 that year. In a recent interview with CBS, Melinda finally opened up about their “irretrievably broken” marriage.
According to her, Bill’s affair had made it hard for them to trust each other. In May 2021, the former couple released a joint statement regarding their divorce: “After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage.” Sad! Yes, we all pray and seek for prosperity because that was what God told Abraham (Genesis 12), but the LORD wants you to know that money is not equal to happiness!
Money doesn’t grow on trees nor does it magically appear out of an ATM. We are always in pursuit of happiness yet we often forget that money has no correlation to it. Why do the rich divorce often? Money alone isn’t enough to make you happy or successful. There are things HIGHER THAN MONEY that keep relationships! Is it not possible that Mrs Potiphar offered Joseph “loads” of cash if only he slept with her? Joseph refused because her husband and his God trusted him. CHARACTER/TRUST is higher than money! YOU CANNOT BUY THEM! BROKEN trust is equal to POVERTY and shame! Can you be trusted? Indeed there are blessings and qualities that money cannot buy. Pursue them! ONLINE – “MORNING FIRE with Bishop Chris” – Today 6 a.m. (Nigerina time) via Facebook & Youtube.
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: Tis so sweet to trust…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Vanity upon vanity; all is indeed vanity!
3. I scatter any plan to push me to seek QUICK wealth! Happiness and fulfilment are only found IN THE LORD!
4. Character is ABOVE RUBIES and beauty is vain. Help me LORD to build my character in a new way!
5. Men shall TRUST ME! I shall not pursue money to the shame of my name.
6. Money alone cannot keep a home or relationship; so help me Lord.