ODM DAILY 18 September 2022 – FROM QUITTER TO COMFORTER! HOLD ON!
TOPIC: FROM QUITTER TO COMFORTER! HOLD ON!
It was Big Sean who wrote: “Patience is the ability to accept trouble, suffering, delay without getting angry or upset, I feel like if you can master patience you can master anything.” The story of JOHN MARK (today’s scripture) is a story of USING FAILURE/MISTAKES AS LADDERS to your destiny throne! John Mark’s family was an important group of people in the early church. When Peter was miraculously released from prison, he knew that the believers would be gathered at the home of John Mark’s family (Acts 12:11–13).
Due to his family’s significance in the movement and relationship to Barnabas, Paul and Barnabas picked him – John Mark – to accompany them on a mission trip to Antioch (Acts 12:25). From there, Paul and Barnabas went to Cyrus, bringing John Mark along with them as an assistant (Acts 13:1–5). But somewhere along the way, John Mark decided that he’d had enough! After sailing to Perga, John Mark left them there and returned to Jerusalem (Vs. 13).
Essentially, he quit and gave up when the going got rough. However, years later, when Paul was sitting in prison awaiting trial, he wrote a letter to the church at Colossae. He told them that John Mark was with him and had been a great comforter! Wow! The QUITTER became the COMFORTER! Such is life! NEVER WRITE OFF YOURSELF AND NEVER WRITE OFF ANYBODY! No wonder Henry Ford exclaimed: “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” C.S. Lewis quipped: “Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.” If MARK made it, you will make it BIG!
So hold on and hold out! I see your best days uploading! TODAY IS DAY 1 Of THE MONTHLY ONLINE 7-DAY PRAYERS which ends with the anointing service of next Sunday! Theme: “I SHALL WEAR MY GARMENT OF FAVOUR.” Connect via FACEBOOK: ourdailymannaworldwide; YOUTUBE: Manna TV International. Time: 8pm Nigeria Time.
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 2: Higher ground…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led.
2. Oh God of John Mark, grant me the grace to hold on to the end!
3. I reject FAILURE, QUITTING, DEPRESSION, SELF –PITY AND THE SPIRIT OF “NEVER FINISHING.”
4. Pray about any issue affecting your peace and tell God you will trust Him forever and ever!Pray in Tongues seriously now!
5. LORD, use my life and ministry to show that You are not a man that can LIE (pray it seriously till you have peace to stop).
6. Pray about today as led. Use pages 7-9 prayers now!